Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Samhain

Samhain is the sabbat celebrating the Goddess in her aspect of Crone. As befits the day, I took at little time after the secular Halloween celebrations were over and my son was asleep to meditate on one of the attributes most associated with the Crone -- wisdom.

I feel a great need for greater wisdom in my life right now. I feel I need it in my work, so my experiments will go better than they have been. I also feel I need it when members of my family come to me to ask advice about relationship issues. Sometimes I don't know what to say that will be helpful. I also feel I need wisdom when speaking to those who want to know more about my faith. I am by no means an expert -- I do what makes sense, feels right, and strikes a cord from the reading I have done. To be viewed as a resource is new and rather scary.

I also thought about how the Crone works for the betterment of her community. Our family -- with its core members and good friends that are almsot-members -- sometimes feels like community-building in addition to family-maintaining. I thought about this and how I can do more to make our home/community the best it can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home