Monday, December 11, 2006

December Full Moon

Last week was taken up by a lot of stress concerning my work. I had a big meeting on Thursday that had me working day and night to get things done for a couple of weeks before. A few times I nearly reached the end of my rope -- I was sure they were going to kick me out of my program, that I wasn't good enough, and I missed my family and especially my son. I was working so much I barely got to see him at all, and it felt like it wasn't worth it for something I worried I was bad at anyway.

As it turned out, my meeting went well, and I can go back to working hard, not working like crazy. But for a while there it was really difficult. The full moon came and went and all I could think about was this meeting, and what it would mean for it to go badly.

I had one solace as a went through this trying time. It sounds strange, but everywhere I would go I would find money on the ground. Usually it was spare change, but at one point I found a $10 bill on the floor of my building. Other than the extra pocket change this meant for me, I felt like this was something trying to tell me something -- "It's okay, you're on the right track, follow it through until the end." I felt like Gretel following a trail of bread crumbs, and it always happened at the worst of times, when I was feeling the most low. It probably amounted to something like $20 over the 2 or 3 weeks.

After my meeting, feeling much better, I stood outside waiting for my love to come and pick me up. It was dark, but I noticed something shiny on the ground nearby. I walked over to examine it, and it was a chocolate twooney. I smiled. Whoever was laying these monetary bread crumbs had a sense of humour. I picked it up and ate it, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home