Monday, November 06, 2006

November Full Moon

Last night, we had a couple of friends over. One of them, we had only known at Pennsic and was in town from the East coast. The other lives around here, but doesn't come over particularly often. Both self-identify as polyamorous and pagan, so they are definitely interesting to talk to.

I had to work while they were here, preparing the lab meeting I gave today. I was not looking forward to it, since my experiments aren't going well, and it brought up all I had been through with my work and all of my worries about whether I belong in my program.

Our guest U and I had a quiet moment while all the others were talking. She asked about my work (she has a bit of a background in this stuff) and reassured me. I told her I was trying to learn not to tie my self-worth to success at work. She spoke about wanting to have more to show for her life thusfar. It was a good conversation, and made me feel more centred.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the perfect ritual room I would design if I could. I think I will write out my thoughts and post them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home