Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Too little computer time

I have been a poorly blogging witch lately. I hope to do better. I am getting very little computer time lately.

Some interesting things are happening in my spiritual life, however. A re-shuffling of bedrooms in my house means that I am switching rooms. This is significant -- although I'm just moving next door, my new room has access to a rooftop through a window. I have used this rooftop before (when it was P&P's room and I slept there sometimes) as ritual space and have really enjoyed it. I plan on using it very often once I move in. Just waiting for a bit of renovations to get finished in there. I have been heartbroken with my lack of space to conduct ritual. Of course, this rooftop is outdoors and so not excellent for winter, it's still something. It also faces north, the direction I prefer to face during ritual, and faces on to our back alley, so a few candles and a naked witch will likely go largely unnoticed.

I am also exploring an interesting personal affinity I have discovered for the herb lavendar. It speaks to me of motherhood in a very powerful way. This has something to do with the love that the kids and I have of the lavendar that grows down the street and with the lavendar baby soap I love to use on Liam. I am hoping to have a lavendar plant in my new bedroom.

In addition, I was thrilled recently when my family member A offered to make me a satchel to carry while I gave a stressful and important seminar at work. I was touched that she thought to do so, and I truly believe that it helped me. I have kept it for future use.

On a less happy note, I am trying to sort out my feelings about my family's decision to make Christmas a special family holiday. This decision is based exclusively on a secular idea of the importance of family holidays (only one of the adults in the house identifies as a Christian, and although intensely spiritual she is conflicted about the church) and on the fact our culture gives time off around this time of year and not at other times. This brings up all sorts of questions in my mind about how we portray faith in general to our kids, and whether and how I introduce my faith to our kids. I don't have any clear answers to these questions.

--Thriceraven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home