Friday, April 28, 2006

Cat

Today I had a lovely experience.

As mentioned in previous posts today, I have been feeling oppressed by horrible fear about my work situation. At time today, I was finding myself so preoccupied I was having trouble enjoying my son.

My baby fell asleep in the car on the way home today. Rather than move him and wake him up, I ran inside for a book and sat outside on the porch by the car. As I sat a lovely black cat with green eyes came up beside me. This cat had greeted S and I both today and yesterday when I brought her home from school. S cautiously petted it both days and the cat seemed very friendly.

After watching me for a couple of minutes the cat jumped into my lap on top of my book. It laid in the sun purring while I stroked it. I thought to myself that this is the kind of cat I would want if I was choosing one as a pet and familiar. I explained to the cat I already had a familiar, and that I didn't think the two of them would get along.

The cat stayed with me for almost an hour. It was sitting on my book so I couldn't read, which gave me some time to think through my emotions about my work instead of hiding from them. This (and a warm purring cat on my lap) did much to lessen my panic I had been feeling.

A older man walked by me and asked if it was my cat. I said no, and he said he thought it lived across the street. I told him my lap had been adopted, and he said it was a good sign -- that this was a good cat, and that cats always choose well. It made me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home