Sunday, May 14, 2006

May Full Moon

I spent most of the day yesterday mildly upset. It has been a rough few days -- I was in a car accident on Thursday with both babies in the car. They are fine and so am I, but I am very upset that I put them in danger, and that I ruined a perfectly good car. Also, I am currently writing a proposal for my work going forward, and it is very important that it is very, very good. I am a bit rusty at thinking and writing about science and it is taking longer than it should. As well, I can only work when my baby is aleep or someone else is looking after him, and everyone else is as busy (or busier) than I am.

For a few minutes last night before falling asleep, I tried to meditate on a couple of things. First, that my work and my time with my baby are both beautiful, wonderful things that balance each other nicely -- one is the "break" from the other. One is my Maiden work, and the other my Mother work. (Still need to find some Crone time in there...) I also tried to meditate on the fact I am a competent adult, competent to drive and to get my PhD. Even the most competent people make mistakes sometimes. One driving mistake does not call into question my competence.

These are the things I am working on. I had no flashes of insight yesterday, but they can't come every month.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

daewwwww....fala..muito bacana seu blog!!!


lingua portuguesa

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home